In addition to the new features already present in release candidate one (RC1), the second draft of the next OpenMP specification release contains the following additions (quoted from openmp.org):
- Initial accelerators support: Device Data Environments (p16), target constructs (p68: target, target data, target update, declare target, teams, distribute; p151: map clause; and associated runtime routines (p191).)
- Task dependency support through the new depend clause. (p91)
- Initial error model support through cancel and cancellation point constructs to request cancellation of specified region types and to declare a user-defined cancellation point to check for cancellation requests. (Section 2.13, p116: Cancellation Constructs)
- Support for array sections in C, C++ and Fortran. (Section 2.4, p36: Array Sections)
- Extended declare simd directive to allow multiple declarations. (p64)
- New environment variable OMP_DISPLAY_ENV instructing the runtime to display the OpenMP version number and ICV values during initialization. (p219)
- Additional enhancements to support Fortran 2003.
As we were not yet able to incorporate all the feedback that has been reported so far, a few know issues are still in the document. Additionally, some more minor changes are already in preparation. Feedback and questions are of course still welcomed, so head over to http://openmp.org/wp/openmp-specifications/ and download the new document.